Monday, March 3, 2014

SUNDAY INSPIRATION - I WAIT FOR THE LORD



I Wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in His word,
I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

How many of you like to wait for anything?  Do you mind having to wait in line at the grocery, wait at the stop light when you are late for work, or just hate to wait in general.  I know there are many times when the Lord has told me "Not Now".  I'm like why, why can't I have what I want right now.  If you are going to let me have what I've asked for, why not go ahead and let me have it now.  We are all living in a culture of the "Now Generation."  I want what I want and I want it now.

Always when God has said NO to me, it has been for a good reason.  It's either something that I don't need, something that in the long run will be detrimental to my relationship with God, or more times than not GOD HAS A BETTER PLAN FOR ME.  Yes it's true.

There have been times when I've struggled with illnesses and problems of life and I tell God, "I don't want to go on any more.  I just want this to all be over."  Why I often ask, and always in the end there is a TESTIMONY from my TEST.  Either I have learned a lesson that was meant for me to learn (which is always the case), but ultimately in the end I am able to HELP someone else going through the exact same thing that I have just gone through.  God can take anything bad and bring good out of it.

I thank God for the many times I had to wait for HIS timing and not my own.  Thank you for giving me what I needed, not what I wanted.  The wait was worth it in the end!


Teresa 

Photo Credits:  http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment